Sunday, May 15, 2011

International Yarn Bombing Day - June 11th!

I was checking out the website hosted by the authors of Yarn Bombing: The Art of Crochet and Knit Graffiti and was pleased as pickle slices in the middle of a triple decker sandwich to see a picture of a treecozy that I nearly froze my fingers off putting up in the dead of night.

There is also a link to a site called Tricksy Knitting that has more pics of that one and then some of another treecozy I put up this winter - a nice hefty tag. I don't even have pics of the second one, so I'm extra glad to see it there.

I'm copying and adding the pic here - the tag is on a tree by the courthouse. Photo is by  Ticksy's Chris Goble.


Leanne and Mandy are also letting everyone know about the 1st International Yarn Bombing Day on June 11th.  Sounds like a good day for some yarny mischief.  I will be in Greece that day, and will make an effort to wrap a cozy around something there. 

Here are a couple of international yarnbombers whose websites I watch:

STICKONTAKT

hipstrick

If you do something for June 11th, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment